Prof. Hongchen Gu is the Associate Dean at School of Biomedical Engineering of Shanghai Jiao Tong University. He received his Ph.D. degree in Chemical Engineering in 1992 from East China University of Science and Technology. From 1994 to 1995, he joined Pennsylvania State University as a visiting professor. From 2008 until now, Dr. Gu served as the Director of Nano-biomedical Research Center at School of Biomedical Engineering.
Prof.Gu and his group have already industrialized a number of achievements to clinic application, including high sensitivity nucleic acid assay for blood screening and infectious disease. Dr. Gu has published more than 200 peer-review articles and applied for more than 30 patents. He has received several awards including the Second Prize of Shanghai Technology Invention Award (2013), and the Second Prize of Natural Science Award of Ministry of education (2015).
(3) Controlled synthesis of nanomaterials, surface modification and its applications in biomedical science.
(4) Interactions of nanomaterials and bio-molecules.
(5) Nanomaterials for diagnostics and therapy technology.
1) Ding Sheng-zi Zhang, Yang Jiang, Haiou Yang, Youjie Zhu, Shunjia Zhang, Ying Zhu,Dan Wei1, Ye Lin, PingPing Wang, Qihua Fu, Hong Xu*, Hongchen Gu*, Dual-Encoded Microbeads through a Host-Guest Structure: Enormous, Flexible and Accurate Barcodes for Multiplexed Assays, Advanced Functional Materials, 2016, 26, 6146-6157
2) Ying Zhu, Hong Xu, Kaimin Chen, Jianping Fu and Hongchen Gu*，Encoding through Host/Guest Structure: Construction of Multiplexed Fluorescent Beads，Chemical Communications，23/09/2014; 50(90),14041-14044
3) Yao Wang and Hongchen Gu*，Core–Shell-Type Magnetic Mesoporous Silica Nanocomposites for Bioimaging and Therapeutic Agent Delivery，Advanced Materials, 2015, 27(3):576-585 (Highly cited paper)
4) Li Lin, Hongchen Gu* and Jian Ye*，Plasmonic multi-shell nanomatryoshka particles as highly tunable SERS tags with built-in reporters，Chemical Communications，12th October 2015，51（100）:17740-17743
5) Yijie Chen, Hongchen Gu*, Ding Sheng-Zi Zhang, Fan Li , Tengyuan Liu,Weiliang Xia*,Highly effective inhibition of lung cancer growth and metastasis by systemic delivery of siRNA via multimodal mesoporous silica-based nanocarrier，Biomaterials，December 2014 35(38)，10058–10069