· 15+ years of experience in drug discovery in biotech/pharma, specialized in antibody selection and bispecific antibody engineering, CAR-Teff and CAR-Treg cell therapy for cancer and autoimmune disease.
· In-depth understanding and creative problem solver in addressing critical issues in antibody/cell therapy.
· Develop scientific strategies and lead company-wide research activities.
· Manage external collaborations.
· Build and manage top class research teams.
2016 to present: TxCell at Sophia Antipolis in France
VP of Cell Engineering
2016: ZMKS International Cancer Therapy Biotechnologies Co., LTD., PRChina
CSO, Director of R&D
2009-2016: Novartis Biologics Center of NIBR, Cambridge, USA
Lab Head, investigator III
2002-2009: Center for Computational and Integrated Biology, Mass. General Hospital
Team Leader II
1999-2002: Cereon Genomics of Monsanto Company, Cambridge, MA
1994-1999: Department of Molecular Biology, Mass. General Hospital /Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
● Used forward genetic approaches on identification of genes in sugar signaling. Isolated and characterized a number of glucose insensitive (gin) mutants: gin1/aba2, gin2(AtHXK1, the glucose sensor) and gin3. Isolated gin4/ctr1, gin5, gin6/abi4 through collaboration.
● Used biochemical and molecular genetic approaches to elucidate the molecular mechanism of HXK function as a sugar sensor.
Ph. D in Molecular and Cell Biology, Beijing University, Beijing, P.R. China
M. S. in Molecular Biology, Nankai University, Tianjin, P.R. China
B. S. in Biology, Nankai University, Tianjin, P.R. China
Numerous awards at Novartis, including the Fusion Award, the Catalyst Award etc.
CAR-TCR summit 2017 in Boston